Welcome! First, open this page in your browser:
Is this the right session for you?
You belong here if:
- You’re never worked with Rails or are just getting started
- You don’t know about basic controller actions, view templates, and models
- You want to understand the basics of REST
- You’d like to go through the fundamentals
This is not a good session for you if:
- You have no familiarity with Ruby or programming
- You are a Rails developer professionally
- You understand the components of a Rails application and how they link together
Are you prepared?
- To join the chatroom at http://jumpstartlab.com/chat
- Ruby 1.9.2 or greater
- Rails 3.1.3 or greater
- To open three terminal or command prompt windows and change into someplace you want to store your projects
We’ll work through the first few iterations of the Blogger project:
You’re strongly invited to help improve these tutorials, even while we’re running the session. All the text is available on GitHub, so you can edit it right in the browser. Hit the "Feedback" tab on the left side of any page.