Welcome! First, open this page in your browser:
Is this the right session for you?
You belong here if:
- You’re new to programming in general
- You have zero or little experience with Ruby
- You want to learn how to build basic programs
- You’d like to move through the very fundamental concepts of the language
This is not a good session for you if:
- You’ve been doing Ruby/Rails for awhile
- You want to talk about metaprogramming
- You want to want to move really quickly
Are you prepared?
You need to:
- Join the chatroom at http://jumpstartlab.com/chat
- Follow the environment setup instructions to get Ruby 1.9.2: http://tutorials.jumpstartlab.com/topics/environment/environment.html
Ruby in 100 Minutes
We’ll start with the fundamentals of Ruby and Object Oriented Programming:
Then, to put those techniques into practice, let’s begin the EventMangager project.
We anticipate only working through a few iterations of EventManager in the session, but please continue working on your own!
You’re strongly invited to help improve these tutorials, even while we’re running the session. All the text is available on GitHub, so you can edit it right in the browser. Hit the "Feedback" tab on the left side of any page.